Olympia Benefits delivers optimal "Life" and health care benefits to Canadians. We're changing the way Canadians think about their well being, and we're looking for great people to join us.
Our growing organization currently requires an energetic, motivated team player to join our fast-paced Information Technology department in the role of:
Software Developer (Oracle PL/SQL and Delphi) - Full Time
Olympia Benefits is looking for the right person to fill the role of a Software Developer in our Calgary office for the enhancement of our existing in-house software applications. This person must be able to work with our Project Leads, Business Users, and Enterprise Architects to deliver a quality solution to our Business Stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance our in-house custom built financial systems using Oracle PL/SQL and Delphi
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product solutions
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- Writing reports and internal tools for our business needs
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (3+ years)
- Creative problem solving
- Understanding of database fundamentals, strong Oracle PL/SQL skills, and/or equivalent database experience
- Experience supporting and enhancing software applications.
- Ability to learn new things and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities is a must
- Adept at working within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be self-motivated
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Delphi development environment
- Experience with third party tools such as DevExpress, DevArt, and ReportBuilder
- Experience with Subversion and TortoiseSVN version control system.
- Exposure to JIRA Issue and Project tracking system.
- Exposure to the Agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Financial applications experience an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- A great company culture (rated one of Alberta's Top 60 Employers for 2013)
Forward resume and salary expectations in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries accepted. While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.