Common Questions Agents Get Asked
Use these common questions to build your relationship with your clients.
Here are some of the most common questions that our Agents get asked by their clients or perspective clients.
- What is a Health Spending Account?
A Health Spending Account (HSA) supports employees with their medical expenses relating directly to health, hence the name Health Spending Account. It gives employers and employees flexibility with how and where they want to spend their allotted health funds. Some commonly claimed expenses in an HSA include dental checkups, prescription drugs, physiotherapy, and prescription glasses.
- What type of businesses are eligible for a Health Spending Account?
Olympia Benefits has a few different types of plans that are suitable for various business structures.
- HSA Plus –Designed for an incorporated family business where the owner and spouse are the only employees, it’s a comprehensive product that includes travel medical insurance, emergency medical insurance and catastrophic drug coverage.
- HSA Basic – A modification of the HSA Plus and designed for an incorporated family business where the owner and spouse are the only employees; this product does not include travel medical insurance, emergency medical insurance or catastrophic drug coverage.
- HSA Deluxe - Designed for an incorporated family business where the owner and spouse are the only employees, it’s a comprehensive product that includes travel medical insurance, emergency medical insurance, catastrophic drug coverage and Telemedicine
- HSA Group Online – This is an online-constructed application health spending account for incorporated businesses or non-profit organizations with arm’s length employees. This plan does not include any insurance coverage, however travel medical insurance, emergency medical insurance and/or catastrophic drug coverage may be purchased as a separate add-on to the rudimentary plan. Insurance applications are available in paper form through our agent’s personalized Olympia portal.
- Where can I send potential clients to review all the plans that are offered through Olympia Benefits?
Our website www.olympiabenefits.com is a great resource for yourself and your clients. We keep it updated with all our products and pricing.
- How do my clients sign up for a plan?
The application can be completed online for clients in the provinces of BC, AB, Sask., MB and ON only. Olympia sales representatives can provide clients with the online link www.olympiabenefits.com/partner?#### (#### is agent number) to complete the application, or clients may sign up directly through Olympia’s website at www.olympiabenefits.com
- If my client signs up for a plan today, can they backdate the effective date?
The effective date of the plan is the day the application is completed and paid for online. The plan cannot be backdated.